FCP-copy motion tab to other clips

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by diamond3, May 14, 2007.

1. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

Is there a way to copy the motions tab with all the scale changes, center etc, along with all the keyframes to another clip.

I have a map and then I want to superimpose the highlighted trail over it. So its really important that they stay exactly the same through out the whole clip. My map is a horseshoe shape like this -> ] <- and so I am going to be zooming in on it to follow the trail around so I can't see the edges. Then I am going to have my trail appear as i'm going through it.

So is it possible to apply all the motion tab items to another clip? Thanks.

Also, What is the best way to highlight the trail as I go through the picture? I was thinking just cropping it so that way it will shop up in the middle of the viewer, but the problem is where it changes direction i might have to change which edge to crop at multiple points. Hopefully i'm able to explain this well enough that someone can answer my question. Thanks

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

You can copy a clip's attributes by copying that clip to the clipboard, then selecting another clip, right-clicking it and (instead of choosing Paste) choosing Paste Attributes. Then you can pick and choose which attributes to apply. :)

3. theWholeTruth macrumors member

1) hilite clip whose properties you want to copy. copy (apple-c)
    2) hilite clip or clips you want to copy to. opt-v to paste attributes.
    3) a dialog box opens where you can check what you want to copy (filters,opacity,motion,etc.)