FCP HD Audio question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by djhspawn, Aug 28, 2007.

1. djhspawn macrumors member

I have some footage that for some reason only has audio on the left channel. Can anyone tell me how to split that? Or atleast make it mono? Help is greatly aprreciated.

2. Lebowski macrumors 6502

double click the audio clip in the timeline with the mono sound. It will open a waveform view in the left window. Slide the "pan" slider to the center. It is now stereo. You can also "option drag" the clip down to the next audio track, actually duplicating a mono track to two seperate tracks.

3. djhspawn thread starter macrumors member

The duplication I think is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks..

I also have some interview footage with some wind hitting the mic, I was told that if I take out sounds that are 150hz and below it will remove must of the wind noise. Any idea on how to do that in FCP?

4. bennyboi macrumors regular

bennyboi

I don't like dupes because they tend to phase the audio and reduce its quality

Select clip in timeline, go to toolbar > audio filters > parametric eq. (i'm going off memory here). Move the slider to about 100 hz and drop the gain. (A fun way to play with it is to crank the gain to identify where the problem eq is, then drop it.)
    Also- see apple soundtrack pro's website. It has demo's on how to easily clean up audio beyond what fcp can do, and it is a lifesaver when bad audio happens.

Good luck!

5. djhspawn thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help.