FCP Help and Advice Needed!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by whyrichard, Apr 20, 2007.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

I got some video questions for the experienced, or slightly experienced....

i am preparing a video for playback from a computer on a hd tv, the tv's resolution is 1366x768. the video comprises mostly of still images and fades and a voiceover....

... what are the optimum settings?

the thing i am most worried about is that when i render and playback in fcp, the still image looks blurry. will it export that way?

i tried doing a test export using h254 but it was taking forever! how should i eventually export this movie?

should i be concerned about what kind of ocmputer will be playing this information back? if it is fast enough to playback hd h254?

why is masking to cumberson in fcp?

and is there a way to juggle around my still image clips without having to rerender each time?

i have my sequence in final cut pro set like this:

thank you so much!

r.

Attached Files:

2. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

What machine do you have? Here are some requirements for HD: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/hd/recommendations.html

When you playback your clips, it is not playing at full resolution on your computer monitor. Hook up the computer to a TV and use that to judge the quality of your footage.

H.264 takes a long time to encode

What do you mean by juggling around your still images?

3. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Ummm...... why are you using that resolution and settings? You have a 720p television, and even though the pixel resolution is 1366x768, you should probably just use regular 720p video.

I would just set the sequence to a DVCPRO HD 720p30 preset. Your resolution will be 960x720 with a pixel aspect ratio of 1.33, so when played back it will be standard 720p resolution.

Once you're done, h.264 is probably going to be your best bet for compression vs quality, so use Compressor and output to that.

4. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

i mean, that when you import a still image, a jpeg, into final cut pro and place it in your timeless, it needs to render. and then if you move it, it needs to rerender!

is there a way to avoid this? turn it into a clip and reimport? i have over a hundred stills images!

thanks,
    r.

5. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

I'd first make sure I have the right sequence settings.

I've actually tried using the "Photo Jpeg" sequence settings and got faster renders but no real-time when working on a video with still images only.

When you drop it on the timeline, do you get a red bar, orange bar, or green bar?

6. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

Red bar...

... pulled an all nighter and everything so far is fine!

but one small question remains...

... when playback through quicktime it is okay, though the computer i need to playback on does not have pro --no fullscreen, a pc....

... itunes stutters a little bit, so does vlc?!

is there a player that will play a hd h264 with little stuttering?

mplayer?

r.

7. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

8. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

What are the specs of this PC?