FCP License

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by canning, Feb 3, 2010.

1. canning macrumors newbie

I own a volume license of FC Suite 2 for our edit lab. One of our machines needed to be erased and have its OS re-installed, and would you know I cannot find the license so that I can re-install Final Cut.

I have been looking on-line for assistance, found plenty, but none that's pertinent to my problem.

I am trying to look at the other workstations to find the license so I can write it down. But I cannot fathom the information located in the file:
    Lib/App Support/ProApps/FCS System ID

Any help? Thanks in advance.

\bc

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

3. canning thread starter macrumors newbie

Not yet, if no one knows a way to do this, I will just image one of the other workstations and load that.

4. baddseed macrumors newbie

I don't have final cut in front of me now because this project is Avid. But won't the other systems show the serial number when the FCP is booting? Just write it down... I think that a volume license uses the same serial number on all systems.

5. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

Final Cut's license number is actually displayed on its splash screen during startup. You can pull the splash screen back up in the menu bar: Final Cut Pro -> About Final Cut Pro.

I would imagine that if it's a volume license key, every machine would be using the same license number.

If all else fails, call Apple.

6. lighthouse_man macrumors 6502a

Would making a copy of that Final Cut Studio System ID file on that system to an external drive and then copying it back in the ProApp folder work? It can be worth a try if no other solution is possible.