FCP - Mass duration change?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by P-Worm, Aug 10, 2007.

1. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I have a bunch of pictures put together in a sequence. They are currently at 5 seconds per picture, but I would like to change each photo to be 4 seconds instead. Is there a way to do this all at once, or do I need to go in and change each duration? I don't want to fix this with a Speed Change, just the durations.

P-Worm

2. deux-ex-mak macrumors newbie

hmm

Unless you want to cut the sequence as a clip onto a new sequence and then apply a motion setting of 80 per cent (which if the pictures are static there would be no collateral effect to the duration change), I think you're going to have to use the: ripple (R) + numeric pad (-100) + next edit kind of keyboard sequence in a repetitive old fashion way. Definitely quicker than the mouse though :cool:

I haven't done the first mentioned method -sequence in sequence, but I've done it applying filters, so I would think you can do retiming too.

3. -DH macrumors 65816

Select (highlight) all clips you want to change, right-click on one and choose DURATION from the pop-up menu. Enter the new duration you want.

-DH

4. P-Worm thread starter macrumors 68020

P-Worm