FCP on 13" MBP (2011)? Anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GFLPraxis, Apr 6, 2011.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'm essentially in the position of choosing between the 13" MBP + an Apple SSD upgrade or a 15" MBP without. The 15" is more than I want to spend already, since I was planning to get an external monitor as well.

I really have no interest in the 15" for the most part. See, the screen isn't very much higher in resolution than the 13", unless you pay even more for a high res screen- which I'm not planning to. And, I can plug it in to an external monitor at home, so I'd rather have the portability.

Problem is, the 13" has no graphics card worth speaking of- in other words, an Intel HD Graphics 3000. So, I may be forced to purchase the 15" just to get a GPU worth beans, and lose my SSD ;_; I wish someone would announce a Thunderbolt GPU.

Anyone know if FCP will run on it? I know traditionally it has required an NVidia or ATi card, but the 3000 is better than previous Intel cards.

2. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

I know for a fact it runs as I installed it yesterday, but I have yet to do anything besides opening it.