Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bowbow88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
Hi FCP pros,

I am 5 days into FCP. Just got my fw800-fw400 cable yesterday and is ready to do some demo capturing.

FCP recognizes my camera and is able to control it; however, I am not able to see the video in the capture window (can only see it in the view finder). I am sure it is a setting issue somewhere in FCP but I just couldn't get it going.

Any tips appreciated.

Big thanks in advance....

-DH

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2006
Nashville Tennessee
Wow. You've provided so much information for us to go on!

Seriously, you need to provide details; what camera (brand and model), what format did you shoot? What version of OS, QT and FCP are you using? Is the camera in VTR mode?

-DH

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
In addition to -DH's post about posting more details, have you taken a look at that manual, that came with FCP?

It provides information about the steps to take to digitize/capture (H)DV footage and what settings to use.

That's how I was able to capture DV and HDV footage the first time I used FCP, although it was an older version, 6 I think. So maybe Apple decided to not provide that kind of information anymore.

bowbow88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
Hi guys,

Sorry for the lack of details.

I got to play with it more this morning and think it might be the camera?!
It is an older camera: Panasonic AG-EZ50. After playing around with the settings, I was able to get some video (very choppy and drop frames). I used the same tape and switched it to another Camcorder (Canon XL-1) and the capture is smooth and fine.

If it is the camera, is there anything I can do with that? If not, I guess my next best solution is to capture it from the XL-1?!

Thanks...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.