FCP to Youtube = Green Stripes?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by boro, Feb 3, 2010.

1. boro macrumors newbie

When I upload to youtube from Final Cut Pro, I am getting faint green vertical stripes? I have uploaded via H.264 and DV Pal but still am getting this rather annoying effect. Obviously the green isn't their in my cut.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

A link to the video it's happening on -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwhWWOcsN78

It's obvious from around 28 secs.

Cheers.

2. huntercr macrumors 65816

Ohhh... wait a second. I see it now. It's faint green swaths in the black space. Seems like this is a compression artifact.

But I'm suspicious of youtube here. Try deinterlacing before you upload. Ah yes... check out the 480P version of your video. it looks really looks terrible on my display ( could be me flash performs like crap for me )

3. boro thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for responding - the 480p version is fine on mine and other computers I have watched it on.

I'll try and work out how to deinterlace before I upload it again. What do you mean your suspicious of youtube? Should I upload to a different site?

Cheers.

4. huntercr macrumors 65816

Sorry, I what I meant when I said "suspicious" was that think youtube's re-encoding may be at fault here. You may have found a bug or just a unique circumstance where their encoder performs poorly.