FCP - Unable to print HDV to tape

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by 321estrellas, Jul 5, 2008.

1. 321estrellas macrumors 6502

321estrellas

Hello, I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm in need of immediate help as I'm screening this project tomorrow night!

I edited an HDV sequence in FCP 5.1.4, 1080i/60. It contains some DV footage which I upscaled and rendered if that makes a difference but I'm sure it doesn't. Anyway, I'm ready to print to tape, so I turned on my camera, plugged in my firewire, and refreshed A/V devices. It's like FCP won't recognize my camera and remains in the blue screen (tried in both my HV20 and XHA1). I tried Print To Tape (after rendering, conforming etc.) and the sequence will play but the camera won't play it. It also won't show a preview in my camera while I'm scrolling around in the timeline.

I'm certain all my settings are correct.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks in advance.

2. northernmunky macrumors 6502a

northernmunky

I have the HV20 as well, you have to set the camera to 'Play' mode and in the 'func > AVDV' menu set 'AV>DV' to on. Then it will print to tape over firewire.

3. 321estrellas thread starter macrumors 6502

321estrellas

Hi,

I tried using the AV>DV option but it didn't seem to do anything. I don't even know what it does yet :D

BUT I solved my problem last night and it's something I didn't think would be the problem.

All I did was check "Automatically Start Recording" in the Print To Tape window and bam, my HV20 started doing it for me.

I guess you can't do real-time preview over firewire, which is what I was looking for to make sure it works in the first place.