FCP - Update shots?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MBX, May 19, 2009.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

Hi there

I'm doing some edit on a project and i'm revising some of the shots externally and want to easily update in FCP timeline with progress. But i've not seen any option to select the clip in timeline and replace with the updated one. It seems you always have to drag it manually on the timeline and replace the old? It's a bit tedious, especially if you have additional settings on the clip like speed-changes, reverse, cuts, etc.

Any idea if i'm missing it somewhere? Thanks!

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

I believe you can right click on the fragment and select batch import. I believe it will import it again from the camera (for example, you edit in sd, because that's faster, and then you batch them all with the HD material, so you get the HD movie as the result). But I believe (cause I never did it myself) the material must be on the same time/place as the original was.

You can try to go into finder and move the original footage. Now open fcp, it says that the material is gone, so you go reconnect it, but this time to your material you worked on (or whatever you did).
    Don't know whether that will work, but you can give it a try (just don't delete the original footage, just move it somewhere else).