FCP used to import Windows AVIs, now it won't?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by AVR2, Sep 3, 2009.

1. AVR2 macrumors 6502

Occasionally, I have to capture clips on a WinXP box in Premiere (as Microsoft DV AVIs) and then edit them in FCP. I never used to have any problem with this, but I've just had to try it for the first time since the most recent ProApps update - and, it must be said, since the 10.5.8 Leopard update - and now FCP is refusing to import the AVIs, giving me an error if I try it. I have to import them into MPEG Streamclip as save them out as QuickTimes first.

Anyone know any more about this? Is there any way to get FCP opening the AVIs directly again? Nothing has changed on the Premiere machine, so I can only assume it's something that's happened at the OS X/FCP end. I can play the AVIs on the Mac outside of FCP, I just can't get them *into* FCP.

2. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

Are you trying to import them using Media Manager in FCP, or just directly into your FCP Library?

3. AVR2 thread starter macrumors 6502

Always direct import into the project. I don't think I've ever actually used the Media Manager.

4. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

I'm pretty sure FCP prompted me to use it to convert some files I was importing the other day, although I was doing several other things at the time, like moving around a lot of media in my current project. See if it can help you

[​IMG]