FCP video/audio won't play at the same time

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by katem0502, Mar 19, 2010.

1. katem0502 macrumors newbie

I'm not too sure if I'm posting this in the correct section but I'm having a HUGE problem with one of my final cut pro projects. I'm in the process of reconnecting all of my files in FCP and for some odd readon the audio and video wont play at the same time. In other words, the audio will play w/o the video and the video will play w/o the audio. I havent changed any settings for the projects...what do i do??
    :confused:
    Kate

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I don't have FCP, but it would help getting an answer to your thread if you actually posted a title that contained what help you need (did you see the notes when you wrote your post?). Go to Edit>Go Advanced and then change your title to something like "Final Cut Pro problems" or be even more specific. If not, well then a lot of people will probably pass over your thread. It will also help for a mod to move it to the appropriate place (Mac Applications). You can report your thread to move it.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

More information would be nice.

Mac model, e.g. PowerBook G4 1.5GHz, 1GB RAM?
    Mac OS X version, e.g. Mac OS X 10.4.11?
    FCP version, e.g. FCP 5.0.2
    Any special hardware you use additionally for FCP?

Sequence and clip settings?

Location of media files?

Did you try to reset your user settings in FCP yet?

Why was the media offline on the first place?

Did anything happen, that might conflict with your FCP application?

Even though some might get tired of reading this, the thread title guy strikes again:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.

To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Have you also taken a look at MRoogle, since that question may have been asked several times?

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

is the video/audio tracks unselected or perhaps unlinked?
    Perhaps something got messed up with the audio V1 and audio A1/A2...

5. katem0502 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!!

Wow...freaked out for no reason! For some reason the audio/video wouldn't play at the same time on just my Mac book Pro laptop..but it works on the computer at my school!!

Thanks so much for the quick replies!

Kate

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

So in other words, the problem is solved in your eyes or not, as you didn't provide any more information, except the fact that it works on one computer, but not on the other?

Or was puckhead193's reply the answer?