FCP vs. Premiere

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Rhema, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Rhema macrumors member

So, since we've seen both new products, which one do you guys think is better, what are the strengths and weaknesses of both?

Anythoughts?

2. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

To me, Premier is nothing more that a file conversion app for programs like After Effects. Adobe has some video formats (like film strip) that are helpful and only Premier can make them. Premier is good in conjunction with Photoshop and After Effects, but as a stand alone editing app, it doesn't really compare to Final Cut Pro.

P-Worm

3. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

Yeah, I think that's comparing :apple:s and oranges. I think of Premiere as more of a hobby kind of thing. Insecure teens can cut together skateboarding videos from their VHS-C camcorders and throw a fisheye filter on it with Premiere. Professionals can cut together films and network television shows from their HDCAM setups in Final Cut Pro.

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

5. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Is Premiere really that bad? I mean don't get me wrong - I just ordered FCS2 and used Final Cut Express for quite a while but still

6. faustfire macrumors 6502a

faustfire

No, Premiere is really a full featured editing platform. Not saying its better than fcp, but they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

You have to expect everyone to lean more towards fcp on an apple forum.

7. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

the one thing that premier has is full After Effects integration. Motion is gaining ground, but AE is still better.

With the introduction of Color, FCS is looking like it will start taking over even more Avid territory.