fcp wont export 16:9

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by arjen92, Nov 22, 2008.

1. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

He everybody,

I've made a short movie. I filmed it on 3ccd camera, sd, 16:9. I imported it in fcp as pal anamorphic. Then I edited everything, and the canvas showed it in 16:9, but then I exported the thing using movie self contained, audio and video, current settings.
    The sequence was automaticely set to the first clip I placed in the timeline. (so I believe that should be right). The settings of the sequence are: Frame Size: 720x576 (ccir 601 /DV Pal (5:4), Pixel Aspect Ratio (PAL - CCIR 601 (720x576). The "anamorphic 16:9" box is checked.

Ok those are the settings I thought were important for this. So, can anyone tell me what I did wrong, how I can prevent this in future and how I can save my project, without redoing everything.

Thanks in advance

2. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

I dont know what the settings are for pal, with NTSC you need to export as 853x480 instead of 720x480 if you plan on playing the video using a player that can not tell the difference between a standard and anamorphic file.

3. bki122689 macrumors 6502

bki122689

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

5. arjen92 thread starter macrumors 65816

arjen92

It worked, thank you so much. The only thing is that it is making such big files, is there something I can do about that. But thanks again.

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

What are you using the files for? The settings you mentioned in your first post would indicate you are exporting at full DV quality. Which is good if you are making digital back-ups of your footage, but obviously not so good if you want to upload it onto the internet.

Lethal

7. arjen92 thread starter macrumors 65816

arjen92

well, it's for an intro of our new school newspaper. It's going to be online (in flash it's only 8,6 mb), but to make everybody know about it, were showing it on the televisions (around the school) too. For that I want it too be good quality. (and because when I'm going to shoot things that I want to put on DVD I want to know how I can obtain full quality, without using too much space).