FCP X Disk?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kurri, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Kurri macrumors 6502

I am guessing the answer is no, but is there anyway to get a disk of FCP X from apple? I dont care if it costs $1000. the company i work for is a multi billion dollar company, but we cant connect our MAC's to the internet because of IT. its pretty ridiculous. Anyways, i want to finally upgrade FCP 7 to X, but I cannot put my MAC on the internet, meaning, i cant seem to find a way to legally get X. any suggestions? anyway around this?

2. simsaladimbamba

FCP X is not available via disc, but you could always ask Apple's Business department, they surely would help you if you have billions of dollars.

Do you have access to a mobile Mac you could take home or to the Apple Store?
    And talking to IT is not an option? Macs are pretty secure, if it comes to connecting to the internet and doing legal and normal and common sense stuff. Surely those IT guys can be educated if they lack proper knowledge?

3. Kurri thread starter macrumors 6502

I work for a pretty good company, but the policy is no MAC's. We have 1200 people on our campus alone and only 2 mac computers. One for me (video) and one for our photographer.

I might be able to take it home, that is an option. just need to get clearance. thats the thing working for a military defense company, everything has to be cleared with the higher ups, its crazy

4. simsaladimbamba

But Windows and Linux based computers (or PCs) are allowed on the internet? What about supervision during the download? What about speaking to a department head, that has to sign off on the FCP X purchase?

5. Kurri thread starter macrumors 6502

we are still on XP here due to security requirements. its the stone age in places like this. we still have blackberry's if that tells you anything. We will probably be going to windows 7 when 8 is out. its amazing that i can get on this site at work, almost everything is blocked.

supervisor cant help, he sends it to his bosses. I think the best bet it to take the computer home with me if i can.

----------

btw, i can actually plug the mac on the internet here but i cannot connect to itunes or the app store due to the firewall. its aggravating

6. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

Ah yes Windows XP, Microsoft's most secure OS - LOL - I feel for the OP.

7. Kurri thread starter macrumors 6502

luckily i am on a mac at work and only use the PC to connect to the internet