FCP X Multicam Workaround?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Mac In School, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Now that this thing has been out for a few days, has anyone found a workaround/workflow for multi-camera editing? I'm sure somebody's digging around, trying to find a way to make it work, even if it's less than elegant.

I remember seeing a feature in the keynote about syncing audio clips with video clips automatically. Does the same thing work with multiple video clips? If so, maybe you could layer them, make some blade cuts, then shift-drag up to a new track?

I don't even have it installed, but I'm curious if people are finding workflows that are usable, or if we're calling it quits for now.

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

The old school work around is to stack cameras on top of each other and use the enable/disable clip command to pick your shots then razor blade away the ones you don't want. Not sure if it will work in FCP X w/the magnetic timeline and it's only good for a few different cameras angles.

Lethal

3. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

There is an option to disable the magnetic timeline by hitting P I think.

The other option I have though of is that after you have cut the clips where you want with the multiple cameras you can push cmd+alt+down arrow and it will take whatever is the highest clip and move it down to the storyline. Not sure if it deletes everything underneath it or just moves it but it may be something you want to try out.

4. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

True but you can autosync once stacked. Sorta like plural eyes built in.