FCP X Project Vanished

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mbbarnett, Jan 5, 2012.

1. mbbarnett macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Important question for anybody who knows a thing or two about the new final cut. I have spent the last few weeks cutting a trailer for a film that will be premiering soon at festivals - lot of color correction, sound organization, etc. I finished the trailer up yesterday, exported several .mov, then shut the program down.

When I next opened FCP, my event, along with all my original clips showed up in the library (as usual)...but my timeline/sequence was GONE - asking only to create a new project. Went into my hard drive to find my final cut project folder, but it was now empty - as was my autosave vault. Even my presets, color corrections, and filters were untouched...just that damn project/timeline nowhere to be found.

Has anybody experienced anything like this before? Usually I'd let it slide and just cut a new trailer...but too much time went into this project to lose it (and no...I did not accidentally delete anything. Even used Stellar Phoenix to double check and it found only video files from a while ago).

Any help with this would be extremely appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. mbbarnett thread starter macrumors newbie

Really at a loss here. I'm lucky enough to have exported a high quality .mov before this all happened...but I would very much like to load up the missing project to make necessary edits. To clarify: there is no project in the project library.

3. takingblame macrumors newbie

In FCP try looking in your file library, and opening up the sequence file that holds your timeline, this should at least get you your timeline back.
    Also, are there still render cache files for the project you were working with??

4. mbbarnett thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm

Thank you for the reply. When you say open the sequence folder, do you mean the .fcp file? My clips and renders all seem to be in fine order, but the project itself, along with autosaves, has vanished.