FCP X Wont save Projects or Retain Events

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ezekielrage_99, Mar 6, 2012.

1. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I'm having this issue with FCPX where as soon as you reopen FCPX or restart my MBP it wont retain Projects or any Events information. Basically for an edit you need to keep the application open otherwise as soon as it's close you loose everything.

I've been working on about 6 different projects over the last month and it seems as though I've lost all of my work... I can find where the FCPX files are and where the projects/events are saved but FCPX wont allow me to open them.

When FCPX is restarted I get a blank project library and the standard import files/from camera where I should be able to select the projects and have a list for the events with available content (where I am in position I need to start again from scratch).

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue because the Genius at the Apple store had no idea how to fix it. I've also asked a few good broadcast people I work with, their response is just get Avid which is little help due to the fact I have no budget.

2. initialsBB macrumors 6502a

No one answered ? Yikes.

I had this problem happen only once, and it was with FCP 10.0.0. Seeing all your work disappear must be heart breaking, I'm really sorry for you.

Have you updated FCP X to the latest version ? Have you updated the OS ? Is Time Machine backing up your projects ? Could you maybe recuperate your work through the backups ?

Is the Final Cut Events folder still present ? Are the projects listed in there ? Did you move them or change their place ? Maybe there is a problem with permissions on the folder, have you tried repairing permissions using Disk Utility ?

You should also try asking around on the Creative Cow, fcp.co and the LAFCPUG forums. They're more specialized than here.

Good luck

3. mBox macrumors 68020

Can you check your drives permissions in Disk Utility.
    Maybe thats the cause.
    I move a lot of drives and events and have only ran into that kind of problem once.

4. ezekielrage_99 thread starter macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Thanks for the help, I think I may have figured out the issue it's to with a mixture of things... Again I've check many a time they I hadn't moved folders, content, etc.. but it's all in the same place.

It seems to be Snow Leopard + Timemachine + using the network time seems to be screwing things up and just killing FCPX projects/events. I've checked initially with Creative Cow and there seemed to have been similar issues with the same set up I have, basically don't hookup a Timemachine drive when you open FCPX and turn off network time.