FCP+Xl2=Major Probs!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Jopling, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Jopling macrumors 6502

So I captured some footage the other day into FCP from my XL2 (24p 16:9 encoded in Apple's ProRes Codec) I edited the whole thing, rendered it out. Everything was peachy. Any time I try to export it, the audio stays in sync, but some of the video clips get offset by a 1-3 seconds, occasionally a black frame will be put in before and after cuts. Sometimes when I try to print to tape this doesn't happen, but my XL2 refuses to receive the video and audio. I can see a still image when I'm in the timeline, or even see animation and the eq bars bouncing when I scrub, but when I just play everything goes still. I should alsp add that after exporting everything in my timeline is offset too, but not always. I've tried different editing timebases in different sequences. I can normally get back to a working version of the video if I copy and paste it into a new sequence. Has anyone had this problem? Can anyone help? This is for a school project that is due Thursday, so I would greatly appreciate your help.

2. ChemiosMurphy macrumors 6502

hmm. If one of your problems is you can't export it to tape, the reason is it is in ProRes. Render it back to DV and do it that way. Do you really need to work in ProRes? I'd say no, so convert back to DV.

The Audio out of sync might be a 32 kHz or 12 bit issue. Make sure your audio is 48 kHz and 16 bits.

3. Jopling thread starter macrumors 6502

The audio track isn't out of sync, only the image. I have tried converting to different codecs, but it doesn't change it.

4. doniacoca macrumors newbie

Question

Hi, i just need to know if i can upgrade from FCP 5.1 to FCP 6, because since i'm trying it doesn't work.

i appreciate if somebody has the answer

5. -DH macrumors 65816

6. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

First, there is no real point in using ProRes for DV material. It's just an awful lot of disk space to be using for no real benefit. Have you tried using a DV codec (with 48kHz audio, as Chemios mentioned) out of the codecs you already tried? (you weren't very specific)