Fcp yeah or nah?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by profoshow, Feb 23, 2011.

1. profoshow macrumors member

I am new at this... I am about to buy the new mbp 15" i7 500 hdd. In the past i have only had windows pc, and used movie maker (which is one of the most frusterating things I have ever done) to put together videos. I am a youth minister, so making cool videos could come in handy. I would like to do green screen as well as other effects, so should I buy fcp when I purchase my mbp or should I use iMovie until the new fop comes out ( if I even need it at all)? Btw how much does it normally cost to upgrade?

2. seisend macrumors 6502a

seisend

I would try iMovie. The newest iMovie includes the greenscreen chromakey too. If it is not enough you can still buy yourself Final Cut Pro Express or the full Version.

I'd definitely try iMovie first.

3. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

Keep in mind also if you want to do green screen, you need to buy a green screen and have somewhat decent lighting.

4. profoshow thread starter macrumors member

but will it cost more to buy fcp after i buy my computer or is it the same price? i also have a friend who has fcp would it be unethical to use his copy? :cool:

5. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

Yes it would be unethical, the only way FCP would be cheaper is if you qualify for a Student Discount.

6. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

It's surprising how many churches pirate their software. A minister I sold my camera to the other day didn't want to buy my boxed copy of FCP because he could download the torrent for free lol.

7. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

That doesn't sound like a very good minister to me.

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

that's what i was thinking :rolleyes:
    Its the same if you buy it with your computer or w/o. Try Mac Mall I was able to get it for cheaper then apple.
    PS don't get the student version as you can't upgrade so you think your saving money but you can't upgrade via the upgrade price. Also try imovie its very easy to use.