[FCP2] How to set so that each new scene creates new Clip

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jbloggs, May 11, 2008.

1. jbloggs macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm new to Final Cut Pro and have the Studio 2 version. I come from Pinnacle Studio background so this is a huge leap for me or so it seems.

What I would like to know is how can I set FCP to create a new clip each time there is a scene cut in the video that is being captured?

TIA

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

After you capture the tape chose Modify->Start/Stop detection and FCP will drop markers at each point the camera was stopped/started. You can then set in/out points based on those markers and create sub-clips if you want.

Lethal

3. ChemiosMurphy macrumors 6502

You can also batch capture.

With Batch Capturing you create in and out points for each clip, and then you log it to your browser creating an offline clip. Once you log each scene/take/whatever you capture the files in one clump. I think this way is easy. Check out the instruction manual PDF with Final cut for a better description than i gave.

4. jbloggs thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much, I will try both ways and see which would suit me better.

Also the reason I'm asking is this is because I need to put transitions at most of the scene cut points and that is why I believe I need to have ecah scene as a different clip, which is how it works on Pinnacle Studio Plus. If there is a better way in FCP then I would really like to know about it.

Thanks again.