FCP7 files log & transfer then disappear

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by stancacc, Dec 5, 2011.

1. stancacc macrumors newbie

I shot some video with my Canon XA-10 and did a log & transfer into FCP7 and after transfering the file disappeared. I have 30gb less space on my hard drive than before, but the file, while it appeared in the capture scratch folder while being transferred, is now nowhere to be found. I've rebooted and done searches for hidden files, but no dice.

I tried logging and transferring half the file at a time (about a 40 minute video), and that worked fine, but I'm not sure what happened to the original file, and where it is, because it's still taking up space on my HD.

Anyone have any thoughts?

2. musique macrumors regular

musique

Is there another Capture Scratch folder?

Just a thought: Could there be another folder to which the files were transferred? Did you search for a directory called "Render" or "Capture Scratch"?

3. mBox macrumors 68020

The above post is true in most cases.
    There is also the phantom capture that you think you did and would even see it in the Browser but then after you close the Capture window its gone :(
    I havent seen that happen since v5 though.

4. stancacc thread starter macrumors newbie

"Just a thought: Could there be another folder to which the files were transferred? Did you search for a directory called "Render" or "Capture Scratch"?"

Looked up every "render" and "capture" file and folder, as well as doing a search by file size, and revealing hidden files.

----------

The above post is true in most cases.
    There is also the phantom capture that you think you did and would even see it in the Browser but then after you close the Capture window its gone :(
    I havent seen that happen since v5 though."

I wouldn't mind a "phantom" capture if the missing HD space weren't very real. Thanks, though.