FCPX and Memory

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Beach Guy, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Beach Guy macrumors member

This year is the first year that I used my new MacBook Pro and FCPX to created and edit films with my 4th grade class. At the end of the school year I deleted all of my events and projects. After I deleted all of my events and projects, it seems like a lot of my hard drive memory is still being taken up.

Is there a way I can make sure that all of the video files on my hard drive are actually deleted? I've heard that FCPX creates copies of the video files...not sure if this is my issue.

Thanks in advance for any help..

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Beach Guy thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I emptied all of the files in the trash. Thanks, I'll try one of those free apps to see what's going on...I appreciate it!

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

You don't say HOW you deleted the projects. But if you go into the library and look you will find render files and "optimized" media, analysis files and so on. If you already have the final project archived then just trash (from finder) the event and project folders then empty trash.

If you want to see where the big files are just use the terminal "du -s * | sort -n" will print list sorted by size.