FCPX choppy audio on export

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MyRumors, Aug 22, 2011.

1. MyRumors macrumors member

Hi,

im working on a project with clip sound and mp3s (bought in itunes).
    When i play it within FCPX everything works good.
    When i export it the mp3 sound get choppy and the clip audio worse than original. The video is perfect.
    The project is in ProRes 442. Ive tried exporting in many formats. To apple devices, mpeg2, video/youtube compatible, even small size for streaming on phones. Ive also tried with compressor app , and playback on other machines. Same problem.

Any ideas ?

2. winston1236 macrumors 68000

Try rendering the video to your movie file without sound and then importing the movie and adding sound then. Worst case you could import the movie into after effects and export from there.

3. xizar macrumors regular

Are you sure the audio for the mp3 and your FCPX project's audio are at the same frequency?

I had a movie file whose sound got ripped at 44.1 and had a horrible time figuring out why I was getting such choppiness until I realized the FCPX project was set to 48khz.

The solution, of course, was to re-rip the movie file into 48. :)

4. cgbier macrumors 6502a

^ +1

mp3 is, in general, a bad choice for editing. Set your iTunes library to AIFF. Dunno if you can buy AIFF files from the iTunes Store though (never bought anything there).

CD comes in 44.1, video works with 48. There's where your trouble oftentimes starts.

5. Alican macrumors regular

There is certainly a problem with FCPX/Lion when using compressed audio formats. A quick fix is the following:

In Itunes, go to 'preferences' then click the 'import settings' button. Change the 'import using' option to AIFF encoder.

Click OK, then select the song in iTunes you want to use in your project. From the 'advanced' option, select 'create AIFF' version. Import the AIFF version of your song into FCPX and you should have no problems after exporting your project