FCPX crashed, forced reboot, now corrupt file & backups. Have I lost everything?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mogzieee, Jan 9, 2013.

1. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

Hey techno friends,

So last night I was working on a project in Final Cut Pro X on my rMBP 15". Everything was fine, no crashes, no bugs right up until I try to add some text. Not sure why, but the adding of the text completely threw FCPX and the whole computer crashed! It wasn't even something I could fix with a force quit of FCPX.

Anyway so I had to force shut down and restart my MacBook, which is never a nice thing to do.

This morning when I started re-editing, the whole project has just gone from the project library. The Event with all the clips remains, but sadly not my project.

In Finder, my file still remains:
    [​IMG]

...but it doesn't like being opened:
    [​IMG]

...and then when I try opening any of the backups, I just get a solid state of this progress bar, which, after hours of waiting... does nothing. Eventually crashes FCPX.
    [​IMG]

So guys, is there anything I can do to potentially save this? Many thanks for any tips in advance.

2. TOMIMOT macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

Damn that sucks sorry it happened to you. From my knowledge I do believe you lost everything unless you backed up your Mac recently, try using time machine?

3. mogzieee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the response man, really appreciate it.

Unfortunately I think you might be right. Sadly no there isn't any Time Machine backup for this laptop :(

4. osx-addict macrumors newbie

This is exactly why I started using Crashplan more than a year ago.. I kept telling myself that I'd buy some decent backup software + hardware to make it seamless but in the end decided that I'd never get off my rear-end to both pony up the $$ to make it happen nor getting the actual time to do the requisite homework & associated time investment. So, I bought a 2 year Crashplan package and it's been backing things up since (yes, encrypted with their highest level of encryption)

5. blairthornton macrumors newbie

blairthornton

How to fix a seriously corrupted FCPX project

Hi, I've written instruction on how to fix a Final Cut Pro X project (10.1.3) here: http://www.girafxmedia.com/?p=315 Hope it helps someone!