FCPX Download Question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Beach Guy, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Beach Guy macrumors member

Wondering if anyone could explain how I can download a 2nd copy of FCPX. I purchased the app and installed it on my iMac at home, so it shows as purchased on my account. I can't see anywhere to start the download process again. Thanks, I appreciate any help provided.

2. RBDesign macrumors newbie

It should show up under "purchased" in the app store or "updates" if you had it before and want 10.0.1 as long as you are logged in with the same account.

RB

3. Beach Guy thread starter macrumors member

It does show under "Purchased." I'm not sure how to download the app a 2nd time for my work computer. Thanks...

4. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

I believe their pro apps can only be installed on one computer, maybe that's why you can't? Don't know if apple prevents you from doing a second install on another Mac.

5. Beach Guy thread starter macrumors member

Ok...thanks. I thought I read somewhere that I could install it on up to five computers. I wanted to install it on a work computer I use at my school.

6. cgbier macrumors 6502a

On all allowed 5 iTunes devices for private use.

7. mBox macrumors 68020

Yeps a nightmare for schools trying to install on dozens of computers but great for home users :) I have my copy installed on 3 of mine and a friends.
    all they need is my iTunes password.
    warning, keep an eye on your account cause friends dont let friends buy drunk :p
    LOL!