FCPX Nightmare!!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by salacious, Dec 12, 2011.

1. salacious macrumors 6502a

Hi i have fcpx 10.0.01, now the problem is i have 2 different types of movie files one from a blackberry and one from a digital camera i also have jpegs in it, when playing back in fcpx it seems fine, then when i select share and no matter what output i select it seems that it screws it up, ie, it takes the middle two videos and starts to jumble them back and forth like mad, this is a dvd of my daughter for her grandparents i desperately need to get this exported to dvd and its driving me mad iv never experienced anything like this, nor have i used final cut pro x before just 7, is this a software issue? which im guessing it is, or just me?

2. Zwhaler macrumors 604

Zwhaler

What format are the two videos in? I've never had any problems with mp4 and mixing images in FCP X. Do you own a copy of compressor? Maybe try converting your source videos to mp4 using a program like Handbrake and then try exporting again.

3. mBox macrumors 68020

Are all footages imported into Event Library or ref?
    Also you should update to 10.0.2 and use the latest OS X.
    Sometimes odd codecs from different parties are not fully supported.
    If all fails, render (share) to a DVD compliant file such as DV 720x480 29.97fps 48khz audio. Then take that file into iMovie or iDVD and make a DVD.
    I have seen this happen in all kinds of apps from Premiere, Avid and even After Effects.
    The culprit is the codecs used.
    FCPX will only use whats legal and output what it thinks is right.

4. careypo macrumors member

You don't want to use the "share" feature in FCPX. Export all your video to separate 720x480 anamorphic movie files using the ProRes codec. Then import each video into iDVD. If you don't have iDVD, you can still buy it at the apple store.