FCPX playback flicker

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by deverett, Nov 27, 2011.

1. deverett macrumors newbie

I imported video files--Import from Camera iPhone4s.

As .mov they playback fine but playback in FCPX they flicker.

The .mov also functions properly in playback in my FCP 7.

Please advise.

My Set Up:
    Trial FCPX

NVIDIA GeForce GT 120
    Model Name: Mac Pro
    Model Identifier: MacPro4,1
    Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
    Processor Speed: 2.93 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 8 MB
    Memory: 8 GB

2. deverett thread starter macrumors newbie

FCPX vs FCP7

If I import a brief .mov into FCP7 playback is fine. If I import the same .mov into FCPX it has a choppy/ flicker playback effect.

In FCPX I revised the Playback Preference to higher quality with no improvement.

Does the trial FCPX have limited functionality?

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

As far as I know the trial has the same functionality as the full program except for the 30 day limit. Is it version 10.0.2?

4. deverett thread starter macrumors newbie

New Radeon HD 5770 graphics card

All right. I order the Radeon HD 5770 from B& H for $223 plus $12 for two (2) day delivery. I need it quick as my Final Cut Pro X trial expires in five (5) day. I see tracking says out for delivery. Soooo, In anticipation I take Mr. MacPro to the garage and fire up the compressor and blow out any accumulated dustbunnies. Not much. Together we go back to the office and he is placed on the Anthro desk. I remove the NVIDIA GeForce GT 120. Mr. MacPro is in the midst of un-whole. Mr. Dell workstation is wondering as is Ms. MacBookPro. iPhones are hovering in the backgrounds and all are wondering what is going on.

I make a fire in the fireplace because Tucson is cold tonight. The timer for the Xmas lights is finally working and they go on at 5:30pm. We have some Bogle chardonnay. Our UPS delivery is always about 6pm. The wife is getting ready to prepare some really nice veal saltimbocca. The doorbell rings and here is a huge, really huge, box from B&H. I assume too much packaging but inside packed in the air pillows is another tan cardboard box. Inside that box I spy a gray box with an Apple logo upon. I break the seal and violate the Apple box. Inside is the graphics card encased in perfectly fit foam. Perfectly cut as if for precious jewels.

Thank you Steve Jobs.

There is a 120 page instruction booklet but only eight (8) pages apply to me. In the office I install the 5770 card and cable in thirty (30) seconds. I plug in the cables and fire up Mr. MacPro. All is OK. I check About this Mac>Graphics Display and see the Radeon HD 5770 mounted. I go to FCPX and play back some of the flickering videos and all seems OK

My wife calls to me to stop playing with the computer and open the Barbera D'Asti.

Enough of computers. The fire is nice, the Brabera is double nice, the Saltimbocca is fabulous. Hummm, maybe she needs some attention----------meaning the wife.

I'll let you know my progress and if this Radeon HD 5770 is the answer.

5. cgbier macrumors 6502a

It should be the answer.

Not that it would match your food, but I'd prefer a good Riesling.