FCPX question? (Probably a simple one?)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by el-John-o, Apr 1, 2013.

1. el-John-o macrumors 65816

Hey all,

So I've been playing around with the trial of FCPX. Using it for some pretty simple videos (but it still does more than iMovie). I can get it with education pricing so it's not too terrible, but not sure if it's for me or not.

Anyway, here's the one thing I haven't figured out how to do (so far).

Say I have three seperate audio 'tracks'. One is music, used mostly for intro and exit. Second is a microphone, and third is a 'background noise' mic.

So, I've figured out how to set the volume of the entirety of each clip. However, what if I wanted to mix and adjust? What if, at one point during the clip I wanted the background noise to be louder than the main microphone? What if I wanted to mute out or lower the volume or a cough or a bump in the microphone? Beyond just fade-in/fade-out, I want to be able to manipulate the volume of the audio tracks, at certain points.

Anyone wish to tell me how? Cutting and dividing up the audio clips won't work; as that would be an issue getting audio synched up (it has to be synched anyway, since the audio sources; all but one, are separate from the camera)

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help!

-John

2. simsaladimbamba

Look into "audio keyframes" or enter "audio keyframe" in the Final Cut Pro X Help available via the "Help" Menu.

3. el-John-o thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks! I'll read up on that!