FCPX Title Length Help

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ggoerl, Aug 15, 2013.

1. ggoerl macrumors regular

So I'm convinced that this is probably the worst program ever made. I have been forced to use X as FCP 7 doesn't support .h264. End rant.

Anyways I have a problem with titles. I have a animated title that I dragged onto the timeline (the "ink" title.) I can only set the transition duration of the effect by dragging in and out the corner. Thing is I want to keep the final result of the animation extended without extending the duration of the transition. So I thought "Hey, ok I'll just do a freeze frame of that last frame." Nope doesn't appear to work that way as I can't do a freeze frame. Been searching the internet, no dice. This program is driving me crazy with it's stupid absurd interface.

2. ggoerl thread starter macrumors regular

Don't everyone jump up at once to help. Don't worry I solved it, I had to make just a static text, duplicated the properties and position and voila!

3. musique macrumors regular

musique

In FCPX, highlight the title in the timeline. (If it's highlighted it should have a yellow border.) Hit Control+D and you'll see the time window in the middle of the program screen has changed color to blue. Now you just type the number of seconds and frames you want the highlighted title to be.

I hope this helps.