FCPX Transitions Question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Mewruler, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Mewruler macrumors newbie

Hey guys, this may be a simple question but I just upgrade to Final Cut Pro X and I'm getting a feel for it. Everytime I try to add a cross fade transition it goes on-top of the music I put in at the beginning and won't move in the middle where I want it to. How could I fix that? Thanks in advanced.

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Haven't actually tried it out yet but wouldn't a crossfade only go at the beginning or end of a track. Why would you want it in the middle? It would have nothing to cross fade into!

3. Mewruler thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry maybe I wasn't specific enough. I'm trying to use this transition for the video not the audio.

4. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

I have just fired up my copy and had a look and I can't even seem to apply the cross dissolve to my audio. Are you selecting cross dissolve from the transitions panel on the right?

5. Mewruler thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea I'm adding it from the right. Your transition may be in the front of the audio, thats where it snaps on for me when I try to add it.

6. Mewruler thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright nm I got it. You have to highlight the clip you want to add the transition or effect to, click the clip tab and than hit create storyline. Thanks anyways!

7. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

And so the questions begin. They might have to make a separate forum to handle all of the FC X issues that are sure to come along.