FCPX Trial Doesn't Load

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JPTech, Sep 25, 2011.

1. JPTech macrumors member

Aug 15, 2009
    I've downloaded the free trial of FCPX. I have a late-2008 iMac running Lion with 4GB of RAM and a 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo (so I'm pretty sure I meet the requrements, no?). For some bizarre reason, the app always hangs on "restoring the window layout". Clicking on the app's icon when this happens brings this up:

Going into fullscreen half-solves the problem. I can interact with the UI (even import footage!) but the loading screen is STILL there and the UI is definitely glitchy:

I've tried going through the "basic troubleshooting" steps they have, but none of the preference or recepit files mentioned in the document even exist. I updated everything there was to be updated. I've even deleted, re-downloaded, and re-installed it. What the heck is going on?
  2. JPTech thread starter macrumors member

Aug 15, 2009
    UPDATE: Neither does iMovie or iDVD...

Okay, I have no idea what is happening to my computer. I just got the hard drive replaced-by my local Apple store-because it was corrupted or whatever. They also installed a new video card (as far as I know) because that wasn't working either. iMovie acts similarly to FCP-the menu bar works fine, as though the app were running normally, but no window appears, and iDVD crashes shortly after opening a project. SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!! Being a bit of a filmmaker this is a little important...