FCPx Video Discolored?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by TheOnlyJon, Jul 5, 2011.

1. TheOnlyJon, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011

TheOnlyJon macrumors 6502a

TheOnlyJon

I have a bunch of clips from my T2i that all look pretty good that I'm trying to import into FCPX to assemble into a short film. When I first got FCPX last week, I was playing around with the color correction on a dummy video clip. Now, for whatever reason, it seems that every clip I import has the same settings applied to it.

I have tried un-/re-installing FCPX, creating a new project, checking the effects applied, etc. but nothing seems to work. I have checked the original media in the Finder and the color looks perfectly fine.

What am I doing wrong here? The thumbnails in the Events tab look correct, but when I preview them in the viewer or add them to the timeline, then the color of the clip changes.

Thanks for the help!

2. Nostromo macrumors 65816

Nostromo

Could there be a preset involved? Have you read the manual?

3. cgbier macrumors 6502a

Do you have that automatic color correction and color match turned on?

4. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

What are the specs on your GPU? I know this sounds like what my mac does because I'm running an old intel GMA X3100 which isn't supported by FCP X. The program still runs (albeit a little slow) but the footage looks wrong.

Try exporting the footage to quicktime (even just a clip of it) and see if that also looks odd. If it doesn't, chances are, it's your GPU.