FCS 3 (HD) Average Student Price?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MacStu09, Aug 27, 2009.

1. MacStu09 macrumors regular

What's the usual student price? My school has FCS HD for $299. I'm obviously buying it, but I was just wondering if that's the usual price.

2. pmasters macrumors member

While I dont doubt I do find it hard to believe since FCS3 student version is $899 on Apple store and most schools offer the same discount to students. But perhaps your school has worked out some deal with Apple. What school do you attend?

3. TheStrudel macrumors 65816

TheStrudel

Just to throw this out there, that's the same price as it is for regular users to upgrade to the latest version.

4. MacStu09 thread starter macrumors regular

Okay,

I double checked. I went into the university bookstore and asked, they have it, $299 for all students, its not the upgrade copy either. I dont know if they have some special deal with apple, all i know, is I'm really happy about it.

5. MacStu09 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, they also have the new logic pro for $149. Amazing.

6. matteusclement macrumors 65816

matteusclement

7. MacStu09 thread starter macrumors regular

America. I'm guessing since it's largely a film school, that's why they can offer it at that price? I don't know. I'm probably going to get it tomorrow. You could make a fortune buying all of them and selling them on ebay. But im sure there's a one copy per student rule or something. Either way, im picking mine up this weekend.

8. TheStrudel macrumors 65816

TheStrudel

Do let us know about those restrictions. I'm not above asking a favor, if you'd oblige a member :cool:

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

10. matteusclement macrumors 65816

matteusclement

what schools are these and what is the student population?

11. ChemiosMurphy macrumors 6502

This is the price for all college bookstores. I know uPenn, PSU and NYU offer it at this price.

12. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

I checked my schools offerings, and it's still 899. I need to check the actual bookstore but I'm not holding my breath.

I just can't justify spending that much right now since my class isn't til the spring. I'm the type of person if the software is affordable I'll get it before the class so I can play around in it and get a feel for it. Helps me a ton but at 899 it's not just a "pre-class toy" to get ready.