FCS on a G5 with Leopard ?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by James0001, Nov 29, 2007.

1. James0001 macrumors newbie

I posted this problem in another forum, but perhaps it's more likely to get a response here !?

I've installed Final Cut Studio on my Dual Core G5, with Leopard, and only Final Cut Pro and Color will open properly !

All the other apps open with an empty apple menu, so no options to Quit, save,... anything.
    Oddly they also open with no serial number or version number in the title card when opening. I have to force quit them.

Sound Track Pro also come up with the "Unexpected Problem" message:
    NSInvalidArgumentException
    *** -[NSCFDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil value at objects[0] (key: NSCTFontCharacterSetAttribute)

Anyone else running this same set up and having problems ? Or having no problems ???

Cheers.

2. HDproducer macrumors member

I have not upgraded My G5 yet but Studio 2 on my PB G4 with leopard is OK. I don't use it much on the laptop, just for meeting with clients.

I know they updated FCP 6 to 6.0.2 to run on Leopard, are you sure you are running the most up to date version?

3. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I agree with HDproducer you sure you've updated?

I'm running Final Cut 5 and it fine on leopard for me, could always re-install?

4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I'm running FCS2 on a Quad G5 with leopard, and do not have the issue.

Just curious- does your G5 sleep after installing leopard?

5. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

FCS 2 should be supported but what about FCS 1 version, is that a no-go?

6. James0001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies.

I've tried a total reinstall of Leopard, and then Final Cut, and it seems to have sorted it out. I'll try the updates and see if they mess things up again !?

7. HDproducer macrumors member

How did you upgrade?

I am just wonder how you all did your upgrades.

When I first intalled FCS 2 I had all sort of trouble, went back and did a clean install of the OS and then reinstalled all my apps and then I was good to go.

So is everyone doing a clean install with Leopard and then reinstalling the software, or is just doing the upgrade working out OK.

8. chelseasian macrumors regular

chelseasian

I had no problems running FCS2 with Leopard on a G5. The only performance lag I experienced was using Motion. I guess the ATI Radeon 9600 XT is just not up for it especially when using on the the bundled HD templates. You cannot even preview it properly. I supposed a better graphics card should sort that problem out.

9. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

So, to repeat myself: How about FCS1 on Leopard — anyone tried it out, does it work as expected?