FCS2 on Leopard

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by kwong2006, Oct 16, 2007.

1. kwong2006 macrumors regular

Do you think it is going to be a problem to run Final Cut Studio 2 on Leopard?

2. divedude macrumors member

divedude

Will there need to be any updates to the FCS2 software for it to run on Leopard? Or can it run as it is?

3. Voodoophone macrumors member

I suspect (hope) that there will be a couple of updates to download not long after leopard is out.

Probably minor fixes to do with multi-core processing etc, but I hope there's
    a DVD SP update in there somewhere

EDIT: I also hope there's an update for STP2 'cos it's a pile of stinking donkey turd

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I just hope Final Cut Studio 1 works fine under Leopard. I don't have the money to upgrade to Final Cut Studio 2 just yet as I have just got Logic Studio 8 :(.

5. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Anyone with any information yet on FCS1 and 2 and what they perform like in Leopard?

6. Malfoy macrumors 6502a

Malfoy

I don't see Apple letting their flagship pro product(or one of the flagship products) break on their new OS. That's just me though.

7. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I certainly agree when it comes to FCS2 but some of us still use FCS1 and I was wondering if there were any problems with that.

8. sal macrumors 6502

be curious to find out if anyone here is having any issues or advice on what to look out for.

I am about to install leopard on my MBP. no worries about breaking anything since my MBP is not my main production machine but I just want it to go as smoothly as possible.

9. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I'm running FCS2 on Leopard on a Quad G5- works just as well as it used to.

Recently, I've been importing and working with lots of HDV footage from my A1. Editing, color correcting, encoding, and DVD creation are all working just as well as before.

...except for the fact that I can't sleep my dang machine, like most other G5 Leopard users...grumblegrumble...:mad:

10. Sojourn macrumors member

FCP and Compressor are the main programs I've been using from the suite since the upgrade, and I haven't had any problems (at least, any that I think are coming from Leopard). I have noticed that Compressor turns the menu bar from transparent (which FCP keeps) to grey, along with the menu selection (which is blue by default). Not that that has been a problem, or anything, but I thought it was an interesting thing to note. :)

Take care,
    Sojourn

11. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

Well it seems that Final Cut Pro and Motion don't speak well with each other now that I'm on Leopard. The lower third master templates don't show and neither do text templates. Any work around until there's an update?