FCS3 Education Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mooseface, Aug 6, 2009.

1. mooseface macrumors member

I'm looking into getting FCS3 through the education store where the price is £249.55. What it doesn't say is if this is the upgrade version or not. There is only one version so I'm assuming it's the full version but it seems too cheap. Any ideas?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It's full, but you can't upgrade from it. You have to buy the full release every time.

3. mooseface thread starter macrumors member

Awesome! So when FCS4 comes out I'll have to buy the full license, not an upgrade to it? I doubt i'll be upgrading any time soon any way.

4. macrumorsMaster macrumors 6502

Are you sure about that? I can't access that site(i'm in us) But did check out the main uk site and it said the upgrade was 249.55.

I can't imagine them selling it for education at that price(about $500 us, when it's selling in the us for $900 for education. and $1000 for regular)

Edit: i did access education through institutional link and saw fcs there for 718.75. I can't imagine them reducing it to what you said for students.

5. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Edu discounts on Apple software are really, really good in the UK. I know I got 45% on iWork.

6. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Nope, I can confirm that this.

HE store states £249.99. Crazy I know.

Logic Studio is £118!

Attached Files:

7. mooseface thread starter macrumors member

8. macrumorsMaster macrumors 6502

:(

Can you buy more than one and send one to me in the States:confused: :D

9. Igantius macrumors 65816

No, you should be able to upgrade. In this thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=760406), MacFanUK says that when he checked with Apple (about whether their copy of Logic was an academic version), he was told 'We sell our retail software at discounted prices for the HE store customers'.

The part number for FCS 3 when you order through the UK HE Store is MB642Z/A, which is the same as the full retail version.