FCS3 fast slow fast slow effect??

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by isethx, Aug 7, 2009.

1. isethx macrumors regular

What is the best way to go about making something go from normal speed to slow motion, back to normal speed?

Like for instance someone in real time getting ready to throw a baseball then slow motion as they wind up and back to normal speed right as they are about to throw?

I cut up a single clip and used to speed change setting in FCP, but it looks choppy and something strange is going on, it's not smooth.. it's jumpy. i've got a feeling there is a much better way to go about this!

help a new FCS guy out here =)

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

You want to use motion for this using the optical flow tool which will create pixels for in between the frames to really make it look smooth.

There is a tutorial for it here, http://www.larryjordan.biz/articles/lj_extremely_slow_motion.html

remapping the time though may be a little harder but you could first slo-mo the whole clip in motion then import it back into Final Cut then split the clip and then change the speed back to 100% at the beginning and end using the curves to create a smooth effect.

Havent actually got the new Final Cut Studio but in my head this would seem to work! ;)