Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
For those that kept complaining of the missing Apple logo on the new M1 iMac:
Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 6.53.02 AM.png

Not that I would use them - I don't need stickers on my computer to know it's an Apple.

But since we have some insecure and difficult to change the past folks, let's see how you will sticker up your new iMac ??

Here's the complete unboxing video showing all iMac colors:

Last edited:

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Not that I would use them - I don't need stickers on my computer to know it's an Apple.

But since we have some insecure and difficult to change the past folks, let's see how you will sticker up your new iMac ??

This is a total straw-man. No one who would prefer Apple kept the front logo wanted that because they forgot it was an Apple computer or because they're insecure (?). It's because they, like I, believe it looks better and more "complete" (looks awkwardly naked without it, imo). The difference between you and I, though, is I'm not going to personally insult you for having a different opinion about it.

Also, the front logos were inlayed, not cheap stickers. And also much smaller.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Even better. Love the BLACK stickers for the Mac Pro. Now I might have to change up and get the red iMac ... or anyone here can PM me if they want to sell me some stickers.

MistrSynistr

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
I absolutely love that it makes perfect sense to create the stickers to fit perfectly on the chin..and Apple DIDN'T DO THAT.

There will be ones on Amazon or something I'm sure made for this, but that is just too funny.

Yoms

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2016
Hopefully skin manufacturers will start releasing black bezel stickers so that everybody is happy!

MistrSynistr

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
Do people understand that the Apple stickers are not for the Apple product they come with?
Yes, we do. But in this case, considering the logo was removed, it would have been a nice touch to include the varied colored logos to sort of 'design your own' look on the chin.

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Yes, there was a reviewer who tried it.

He puts the sticker on the chin at the 4:25 mark.

I can't believe Apple cocked this up :D

He also goes on about the "white" bezels, but if you think about it - there's no perfect solution. In a light room, the white bezels blend in well - in a dark room they "stand out" (though in that footage I don't find it any more distracting than the stand not being black). If they were black, then they'd "stand out" in a light room. So apparently what we need is for the bezels to be able to change their tone in response to the lighting, LOL! And of course the reverse might be true in either of those situations depending on the actual media being watched. In a daytime scene, the white bezels would blend in well; in a nighttime scene, black would blend in better.

stinkhorn9

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2020
He also goes on about the "white" bezels, but if you think about it - there's no perfect solution. In a light room, the white bezels blend in well - in a dark room they "stand out" (though in that footage I don't find it any more distracting than the stand not being black). If they were black, then they'd "stand out" in a light room. So apparently what we need is for the bezels to be able to change their tone in response to the lighting, LOL! And of course the reverse might be true in either of those situations depending on the actual media being watched. In a daytime scene, the white bezels would blend in well; in a nighttime scene, black would blend in better.
Clear bezels - there’s the answer. No culpability on Apple’s part, because the bezels are merely, minimally functional, revealing whatever on earth is underneath.

Reactions: 4sallypat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.