Fear of Lion - Hoping for Help

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by joanieb3, Aug 10, 2011.

1. joanieb3, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011

joanieb3 macrumors newbie

I have purchased Lion AND downloaded all 3.74 GB on my MacBook pro with a very slow Internet connection here in Kenya where I am working. I purchased it when it first came out and now that I am reading all the buzz about it...I am afraid to install it! Since it sounds like a LOT of changes have been made, I am afraid of installing it while I am here in Kenya without Mac teckies around to assist if problems arise. With that said, I would like to save it to a DVD which I have read about doing. The problem is that I see the "Installer" with the big lion picture but I'm unsure how far I have to click "continue" to get to the file contents. Right now it shows my hard drive with "Install" to the right and "Back" to the leftIs it possible to create a DVD to install later without actually installing Lion? It took so long to download...and I was hoping I could save it till I am ready for the changes...thanks for help...

2. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

3. Blue Sun macrumors 6502a

No need to launch the installer.

See here.

EDIT: Too slow.

4. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

5. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

6. hersfelder46 macrumors newbie

Don't do it !!!

I would strongly advise you follow your instincts and just save it, either on the hard drive or DVD. Way too many bugs to fend off if you are not near a Mac Expert. :cool: