Feasible? Opinions Please!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by immortalbeast, Dec 30, 2007.

1. immortalbeast macrumors newbie

Hi,

As you may know i am a recent mac convert. Got a 17" intel imac which i am loving at the moment.

My question is....

I am about to start a home business selling things on the internet and ebay. How feasible is it that os x will be able to deliver what i want?

I only have firefox as a choice when using ebay as safari blocks out the font changing part when trying to enter the description (and i hate all the popup questions on firefox)

I want to be able to list and sell things on ebay, manage my website and add things.

Also, does ebay tools work with mac os x?

Any opinions welcome.

Matt

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

what are the softwares you will need on a windows machine? such that we can make evaluation.

Mostly, if you are not using any commercial windows only softwares, you should be fine.

3. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

The last time I checked the ebay tools did not work with OS X. I personally use a program called Garage Sale. There is another one called iSale. These programs eliminate the need to set up any auction via a web browser. They can also make everything a lot easier and cheaper.

4. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

I don't know about eBay tools, but you should check out Camino for the web. Never seen any annoying popups.

5. heatmiser macrumors 68020

What popup questions?

6. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Yeah. What pop-ups? Maybe "this is an encrypted page"? Or are you talking about updates?

7. immortalbeast thread starter macrumors newbie

The popups saying encrypted this and encypted that. Ive sorted it now anyway ,disabled them.

Matt

8. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

FYI..... Camino blocks the font/typesetting options too......but other than that, it works fine for ebay..... I have started using FF for ebay more & more lately, just for that one reason alone

Also, I've used this: http://www.cycline3.com a few times & it works well too, as do the other apps already mentioned above :p