feather vs iblason vs zum vs macally

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by glen e, Apr 14, 2012.

1. glen e, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012

glen e macrumors 68030

Now have all 4, some quick observations -

zum and i-blason cover more than feather
    zum covers more than i-blason, as speaker is covered (not important to me)
    more incipio colors
    all fit fine - lock cover on fine, macally has a lip, does not bother me but some are more OCD than me...
    the three that are not clear feel the same - nice and grippy...they all "feel" same thickness...

taking into account cost, the i-blasion is the best value, the feather if you want colors, and the zum if you want coverage.

The zum recommendation is predicated on the left tabs not chipping off like the ipad 2 did....they do not look to be reinforced more than the 2 in any way on this one.
    [​IMG]

2. newone757 macrumors 6502

I would be interested in the sum if it didn't have that butt ugly logo on the back. Anybody know if you can get it off with rubbing alcohol or goo gone?

3. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

I have the iBlason, Smartmate (returning to Amazon), and the Feather (iPad 2). Out of these 3 I would recommend the iBlason too. The feather just doesn't cover enough and the fit of the Smartmate is loose with edges that aren't finished properly on the bottom corners. I'd probably recommend the Smartmate if those 2 issues were fixed, but as of today, the iBlason is probably one of the best thin iPad 3 cases that also holds your smart cover on.