Feature I came across

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bluechipBMW, May 28, 2008.

1. bluechipBMW macrumors member

I came across a feature that I wasn't aware of but I am not sure if this is something that everyone else is already knows. If it is....I apologize.

When listening to music and the ipod touch screen goes to sleep mode/blank or what ever you call it....it would frustrate me that I would have to press the top power button or the home button and then slide it to unlock in order to lower the volume or to forward to the next song.

Well if you just press the home button (the one on the bottom) twice real quick or double click you will notice you can now lower or forward w/o having to unlock it.

2. Drucifer macrumors regular

Yeah, I read this in the iPod touch instructions online before I bought my touch. I figured it was general knowledge but you are right, this is a great and quick way to change the volume, pause, or skip tracks.

3. bluechipBMW thread starter macrumors member

Oppps...goes to show I didn't read the direction! :eek:

4. HKeleher macrumors newbie

It works when you are in any application. Nice while playing a game, surfing the web or whatever else you are doing.

5. Drucifer macrumors regular

Understandable though since the iPod doesn't even come with instructions. I downloaded the instructions from the Apple site.

6. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Well, damn. That's useful. I didn't read the directions either, so thanks for pointing that out. :)

7. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Yea, I learned that last week (or two weeks ago :confused: ) while posting in a thread that said something like, 'what is something you want in the next ipod' something of that nature. :) It was a nice find. Very useful.

8. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

This was my favorite software update feature. I believe it arrived with 1.1.3.

9. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

10. Ernest macrumors newbie

Ernest

WRONG it was always there. I have 1.1.1 so I know.

11. touchyphone macrumors regular

You guys are far behind if you're learning this now

12. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

Do you want a light to set your flamebait on fire?