feature of iPads after Steve is gone

Discussion in 'iPad' started by matt90036, Oct 6, 2011.

1. matt90036 macrumors regular

okay so while I still think that iPad3 will be Steves another child, the following iPads4,5 will have probably little to do with his vision. Will it be for better or for worst? I am certainly hoping that iOS will eventually become more open but I'm also afraid how lack of perfectionist leader will influence future iPads aesthetics and quality. Any ideas? I haven't really bought apple products before Steve Jobs so can someone inform me a little bit of what should I expect in the future?

2. Skika macrumors 68030

3. seong macrumors 65816

seong

You should always expect for the best from Apple.
    Just because Steve Jobs is not here on Earth doesn't mean the quality and innovation from Apple will be degraded. Apple is like Steve's baby, and it's time for the baby to grown by itself :)

P.S.
    I don't quite remember where I got this from, but I read that Steve Jobs have it all planned out for next 100 or so years?

4. Catch macrumors 6502

hehe... 100 years ago we hardly had cars running. Steve (RIP) was a great man no doubt, but a 100 year vision? It will be interesting to see how the iPad 4 and iPhone 6 etc pan out without his control though...

Have a nice day,

C

5. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Space Ship Apple HQ will be programmed to receive Steve's mental map a few seconds before he dies. So as not to confuse it with the actual Steve, the building will be called iSteve. Designed to last 100 years, iSteve will live as long as the building does. Within a decade or so employees will have forgotten about the i-Devices (no no longer made) and begin to say "hi Steve" instead of iSteve when they enter the building each day. Let's just hope they don't turn off the power early. :eek:

6. matt90036 thread starter macrumors regular

hey, I never bought apple products. I did however but thinkpads and after the chinese took over them they were fine for 1 or 2 generations and then everything went down the trash. I love the iPads and I am just hoping they not gonna go down the same road.

7. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

8. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

With all due respect, you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to ThinkPads.

After the "Chinese took over" reveals your complete lack of knowledge when it comes to ThinkPads.

Lenovo is the SAME manufacturer that has built ThinkPads since day one for IBM. When IBM decided to sell their ThinkPad Laptop business, Lenovo the original manufacturers, made the purchase.

They also created a less expensive line under their own name, Lenovo, and call them IdeaPads.

These are consumer oriented, less expensive, and less durable than the Enterprise focused ThinkPad line of which there are many sizes and models.

I have used top of the line professional ThinkPad workstation class machines for well over a decade. Having just took delivery of the new W520.. its' their finest ever.

I use it at least 10 hours per day at work, pushing it hard doing mathematical computational, thermal dynamics and fluid dynamics work. It runs flash as well, and is cool quite, and extremely fast with 16GB Ram, Dual SSD's etc.

It's made from composite carbon fiber and has one of the best true high res displays (not to be confused with what Apple calls hi-res in my new MBP but is ONLY medium res).

Furthermore do not misunderstand, I love my MBP and it would be my first choice as a personal machine, but the ThinkPad is capable of a lot more, while running far cooler, faster, and more stable under the extreme loads it's subject to.

9. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I think there is a chance that Apple will eventually evolve into a more conventional technology company. One that tries to determine what features customers want and reflect that in new releases--rather than figure out what customers would want before they even realize it.

As a result, we may begin to see specs being added to Apple products before its sensible to include them. For example, Apple didn't include LTE in the latest iPhone because currently it would be a power drain on the battery and would make the handset thicker. The "post Steve Jobs" Apple might be tempted to include LTE because consumers and analysts expect it and want it.

Then again, I could be entirely wrong (I hope) and Tim Cook will turn out to be an excellent talent manager who continues to facilitate the release of truly innovative new products and features.

10. iPadThai macrumors 6502a

Thinkpads are utter garbage. Don't listen this this guy. I also have years of xp with the W series laptops from lenovo. They are just terrible aesthetically and performance wise they can be optimized to the max but you pay a hefty price and the batteries are the most fail design ever (batteries that stick out the back). Stay away from lenovo. They are not worth their price tag.

11. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

How about trying to stay on topic.

12. matt90036 thread starter macrumors regular

yes I meant future, English is my 2nd language and despite going through 7 years of university I still occasionally do spelling mistakes late at night.
    thinkpads are not what they used to be. lenovo cheapened the brand, the t60, t61 were fine but after that things went down stream. the keyboard became junk and I got plastic hinges instead of steal ones, just few examples. and yes this is on topic because we are talking about what happens when original owners/CEOs of the company change.

13. Rubo Draco macrumors regular

I think we can count on Jonathan Ive for good designs and Tim Cook for good decisions 

14. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Plus you have to keep in mind that Steve hand picked Tim Cook to be his successor. I think he knew what he was doing. We should have a little more faith in him :)

15. kevink2 macrumors 65816

Well, I would wonder some if IOS 5.0.1 comes out with Flash support.

16. KDNYC macrumors member

I've been using Apple products since Dad's IIe. I used them even during the "dark years" lol. Apple might lose some of it's pizzaz without Steve Jobs but it'll still be a great company. Jobs had time to consider the future, so I have faith that he left it in good hands.