Feature Request: Block Area Codes

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by adam9c1, Mar 31, 2015.

1. adam9c1 macrumors 65816

adam9c1

I receive about 3-4 fake number calls a week.
    Usually it's "credit card services" and "hello seniors, due to recently change in regulations..." and occasional "this is your captain, you've won an all inclusive..."

Would it be nice to block off entire ara codes and have ability to white list specific numbers from such area?

Who calls me from 267.001.002

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like too powerful of a block that could get in the way if a mistake is made or something like that. Don't think any phone related company would want to offer something as big (in the sense of how much it encompasses) as that.

3. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I would be happy if I could just block 876 area code. This Lisa Hanson who had the phone number before me must have fell for every scam out there. I have block well over 100 numbers from Jamaica.

4. JuryDuty macrumors 6502

JuryDuty

Wow! And all on your iPhone? I would hate that. I try not to even give out my cell phone number if possible. At best, I send merchants, etc, to my Google Phone number and wait for the email.

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I would appeal to your carrier as they may be able to tell what is going on with that. It sounds like your phone number was registered to a list of Bogus telesales/marketing.

6. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

They don't see to care much...I was getting several phone calls a day for Lisa last year. I have so many blocked it's less than 1 a week now, and using google as my voicemail the numbers I blocked go to a message saying the number is out of service.

I enjoy messing with them now, I told the last guy he should have called 5 minutes earlier before I killed Lisa. He still wanted me to send him $700 for the package he has for her. What moron would fall for that.

7. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I wouldn't advise doing that as you could get yourself on some no-fly list or something.

Big Brother is watching.

8. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I thought about them calling the police or something on me, but oh well. Good point about Big Brother though.

9. dyt1983 macrumors 65816

They would never call the police. That would make it possible to get the identity of the scammers, and expose them. Rock on.

10. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Nice maybe I should keep some sound effects ready as if I am killing while on the phone. :D Maybe that would freak them out.

11. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Or you could just start screaming at them(no words, just sound) everytime they start to talk.

See how long they stay on the phone.

12. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

it would cause problems with actual real calls from the same area code..i "win free cruises" multiple times a week 99% from 204 area code..my own area code so..

idk how winnipeg has more telemarketers/spamming idiots than new york city..(really its a real fact)

13. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

Seems like it could be problematic. Keep in mind that with everyone having cell phones and number portability, people's area codes can be from just about anywhere. I haven't lived in the same state as my area code in 10 years…

14. MEJHarrison macrumors 6502

I had that problem 6 months ago. I got tired of them calling daily so I finally answered. I asked them to remove me from their phone list.

Then I called back and made the same request about 30 more times in the span of about 20 minutes. Then I did it another 20-30 times to the new number they tried calling from. Told them if they wouldn't stop bothering me, I wouldn't stop bothering them either. I told them I'd be quite happy to keep their phone lines tied up all day if they wanted to speak to me that badly, but perhaps they would prefer to spend that time speaking to suckers.

That's the day the phone calls stopped.