Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
This is something that's been driving me crazy since WatchOS 1. When you receive an email, you should be able to force touch it to show the "trash" and "archive" options without having to scroll through the whole damn email to find those options all the way on the bottom. I shouldn't have to scroll my Digital Crown really fast for a few seconds to get to the bottom of an email that I just need to delete. It's a bit ridiculous, especially since most emails these days come from companies and have tons of fine print on the bottom and take forever to scroll to the bottom. I really hope they address this.

Reactions: 44267547

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Warheads is looking for feedback.

@WarHeadz. There has to be a more efficient process without having to scroll all the way to the bottom, especially with long-winded emails. I know what you mean and it's very annoying having to constantly spin the Digital Crown to access the bottom of the page, which seems like forever.

They Need to have some secondary force touch option to have an immediate trash button. It would create a faster short cut to bypass all the scrolling.

Reactions: CarlJ and WarHeadz

infinitejest

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2016
Orange County, CA
Already did that. Just wanted to get other people's opinions on it.

It is annoying but what you can do is press the digital crown to quit the mail, pull down the notification center and swipe to the left to delete the mail. Not the best solution - that can only be provided by Apple by adding a force touch option for example, like you suggested - but probably easier than scrolling for minutes to get to the end of the mail.

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
It is annoying but what you can do is press the digital crown to quit the mail, pull down the notification center and swipe to the left to delete the mail. Not the best solution - that can only be provided by Apple by adding a force touch option for example, like you suggested - but probably easier than scrolling for minutes to get to the end of the mail.
I'm just surprised that 4 versions into the OS not one single developer at Apple has gotten annoyed by this. One thing I've noticed is that no notifications from any app incorporate Force Touch. This makes me think that Apple, for some reason, chose to make it impossible to Force Touch a notification. But that rule should be broken in this instance.

Reactions: 44267547

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Completely agree! I also feel I will break my crown for all that fast and long rotation. We also need a Force Touch to delete all in Messages. And why is it called Force Touch still? You'd think Apple would consolidate their naming conventions to "3D Touch all the things!".

Reactions: WarHeadz

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
Completely agree! I also feel I will break my crown for all that fast and long rotation. We also need a Force Touch to delete all in Messages. And why is it called Force Touch still? You'd think Apple would consolidate their naming conventions to "3D Touch all the things!".
Yeah that's another thing. I thought they would have consolidated those names shortly after the iPhone 6s was released. I always call it force touch. It's very un-Apple two have two names for the same function.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.