Feature request: "Unanswered post" link

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by upaymeifixit, Oct 17, 2011.

1. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

When I am on MacRumors forums, I usually like to try to just answer people's questions, or contribute unique ideas. I am deterred by high reply counts because they usually means my someone has already said what I have to say, or it's a post that's been going on for a long time which I don't really want to get into.

An unanswered post link would list all of the posts that have 0 (or a low number) of replies, sorted by date.

What do you guys think?

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

You can sort by replies ascending or descending, just not by date... you have to go several pages in to be current.

3. upaymeifixit thread starter macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

I know (well, actually I didn't), but it would still be nice to have a specific function just for this.

Maybe it's just me.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Do an advanced search for threads with "at most" 0 replies, select the time range, and choose sort in ascending order. I do it every day.

5. upaymeifixit thread starter macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

So I'm not the only one who likes to find unanswered posts. Wouldn't you like a link to do it though? Nothing to complicated, just something built for that specifically.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can save search preferences, so no - I don't particularly care if there is a link or not.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I perform this search daily, as well, but I restrict my search to only those forums I'm interested in. It only takes a few seconds to perform the search, and since it's not something I need to do several times a day, a link wouldn't really save much time.

8. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

You can also watch Forum Spy and hit the bolded threads to answer questions when they're all fresh and shiny and new!

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I use Forum Spy, as well, but the search is for zero-response threads that were posted when I was away, so they no longer show on Forum Spy.

10. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

This might be available as a vBulletin hack but we usually avoid them since they may or may not work with future version of vB (yes, we plan on updating to newer version of vB. Eventually :D). The tools suggested above should be good enough.