Feature you'd have most liked in the 6/6+ but didn't get?

Ayr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2014
For me it'd be some sort of waterproofing or water-resistance. Most people have no care for that I guess, but no matter, what would you Personally have wanted?

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I don't see apple going with any sort of water proofing that would have been nice.

I think wireless charging is a feature that would have been nice. Also Sapphire Glass is a feature people are bummed not to see. Reversible USB cord is another that I think I wished was there.

est1738

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
For me it'd be some sort of waterproofing or water-resistance. Most people have no care for that I guess, but no matter, what would you Personally have wanted?
I would love to see some type of water "proofing" if Apple would actually execute that in the warranty. But I can see how that would be seriously hard because you can rate the device as water proof at 3 meters for 30 minutes, but you could never know if they took it scuba diving for 3 hours.

Agnoslibertine

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2011
Sweden
4k :(

I love filming in 4K with my note 3.
would have been nice to able to dump my note 3.
Now I will have to carry it around.

ps. yes I like to film a lot

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
I would love to see some type of water "proofing" if Apple would actually execute that in the warranty. But I can see how that would be seriously hard because you can rate the device as water proof at 3 meters for 30 minutes, but you could never know if they took it scuba diving for 3 hours.
iphone is water proof. It doesn't come as standard, its an optional extra and therefore costs extra. Its called applecare +

:)

gto55

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
Tel Aviv
  • Starting at 32Gb
  • Bigger battery (2600mAh for iPhone6 and 3300 for iPhone6+)
  • IP68
  • 3Gb Ram
  • 1440P display
  • Thinner bezel
  • A least 13MP rear camera with Sony Exmor IMX214
  • 2 MPX front camera
  • 4G Cat.6
  • No thick lines on the back

Last edited:

munkydust

macrumors member
May 2, 2010
I've dropped my 4s into a full bathtub and left it outside on the ground overnight in the rain and there were no issues because of that. So, why iphones have may not be labeled waterproof in the past, they can certainly take some moisture and be not worse the wear for it.

Sheza

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2010
Sapphire Glass.

I keep my iPhone in its own pocket, nothing else goes in there with it, and it scratches within days. I have no idea why. I hate applying screen protectors. I once kept it in a special slider-pouch case thing and it still got scratched.

I hope this ion-stengthened glass is like the one in that MKBHD video, looked pretty scratch-proof. I won't have access to a screen protector straight away so this is crucial :S

Ayr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2014

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
  • Sapphire glass
  • Smaller top and bottom bezels
  • The ability to choose default apps - How long, apple? How long?
  • Better battery life if it's going to be as bad as my iphone 5 battery

phositadc

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2012
Smaller bezels. It's a shame that apples offerings are the same physical size as android devices, where the android devices have 5-10% larger screens ...

Cryates

macrumors 68020
Nov 19, 2013
Chattanooga, TN
Depends on the RAM in the 6+. That would be the only immediate thing I could think of.

I'm still insure on sapphire glass because of it's low impact resistance. I see a few people saying a 1440p would be nice. On a TV sure but then you would be complaining because your battery isn't big enough to power a high resolution that isn't even necessary on a 5.5" device.

dfran1

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2008
I only have one, I am coming from a HTC one max, getting 6+

!!!!!TEXT REFLOW!!!!!

Just about any google phone (except samsung) and now even google has removed it from android 4.4, HTC still has some (default apps) but most 2nd party apps do not work no more with text reflow.

If your eyes are going (as most do when we get older) you will need this like me.

If IOS has this please let me know and how to activate it. (Jailbreak maybe??)

Google text reflow link

How text reflow should work

A google search for text reflow

Ayr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2014
I only have one, I am coming from a HTC one max, getting 6+

!!!!!TEXT REFLOW!!!!!

Just about any google phone (except samsung) and now even google has removed it from android 4.4, HTC still has some (default apps) but most 2nd party apps do not work no more with text reflow.

If your eyes are going (as most do when we get older) you will need this like me.

If IOS has this please let me know and how to activate it. (Jailbreak maybe??)

Google text reflow link

How text reflow should work

A google search for text reflow
Holy shiz.

That's so simple. With that I'd be able to read books on even my iPhone 4 at ease. That should be on every device, ever. Seriously, that's awesome.

Need.