Features/Apps Missing in Leopard from Tiger

Selenolycus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
This thread is meant to be a comprehensive list of features/app that were once present in Tiger & are longer available/present in Leopard. Here's what I've noticed so far:

• No FTP for Sharing in System Preferences
• Sherlock has been put out of its misery
• Classic (obvious on Intel) gone from PPC

I haven't noticed anything else - but I am sure there are a few others.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
• No FTP for Sharing in System Preferences
It's under File Sharing. They've bundled AFP, SMB, and FTP all under the one heading. You can choose which ones specifically to enable by clicking advanced (or something like that. I'm not at my Mac and can't remember exactly!).

Selenolycus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
It's under File Sharing. They've bundled AFP, SMB, and FTP all under the one heading. You can choose which ones specifically to enable by clicking advanced (or something like that. I'm not at my Mac and can't remember exactly!).
Ahhh - I glazed over it. I just saw afp://, neglected to click Options... it's in there. Thanks.

DENZIE

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2007
the ability to send sms messages and dial phone numbers (and receive/reply sms' and phone calls) with a bluetooth connected mobile phone in address book have also gone... this sucks

nuccadoc

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2007
Calgary, Canada
missing apps

Luckily before I did a clean install, I made back up copies of:

ComicLife
Quickbooks
Omnioutliner

All came with my MBP, couldn't find them with leopard

tyr2

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2006
Leeds, UK
Luckily before I did a clean install, I made back up copies of:

ComicLife
Quickbooks
Omnioutliner

All came with my MBP, couldn't find them with leopard
They're bundled apps when you buy a (some) Macs. They didn't come with Tiger either. You can always reinstall them from the restore CDs that came with your Mac.

DENZIE

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2007
when dropping a folder on the dock, it no longer creates a folder which allows you to get to multiple subdirectories.

For instance, if you drop a folder which has multiple sub-folders on the dock, it will create either a stack, grid or 'auto' and holding the mouse button on it won't let you get to these sub folders.

clicking the show in finder button links you to the immediate directory only

thesdx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2007
The nifty little feature of being able to watch a movie while minimized in the dock is gone. :confused: