Features lost in the Snow Leopard to Lion upgrade?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by jent, Oct 25, 2011.

1. jent macrumors 6502a

jent

I sometimes prefer not to be an early adopter, and I still haven't gotten around to upgrading to Lion. I was wondering what features of previous versions of Mac OS X have been lost in Lion.

I still use MobileMe heavily, and I've been told the Finder has no iDisk integration in Lion. Does that mean I have to use www.me.com/idisk for all of my iDisk uploading and downloading?

Anyways, what other features have you noticed have been removed or watered down in Lion?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

iDisk is dead. It will be turned off in June. Move to Dropbox.

3. jent thread starter macrumors 6502a

jent

I know this but that's not the focus of my thread. What else has been removed in Lion?

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

lol what your mention iDisk, you were told it no longer works in Lion how is that not an approriate answer

5. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

I really don't understand folks who want everything about Lion magically divulged before they decide to use it. There are too many "subjective" opinions about it. Lion is great for some... sucks for others. The path from Leopard to Snow Leopard was pretty much a no-brainer as most of 10.6 stayed true to form.

Lion is much different. Simply install it on an external drive and see for yourself.

6. jent thread starter macrumors 6502a

jent

I agree with you about your first point. More than subjective opinions this thread should just explore what objectively has been removed. A little extra knowledge never hurt.

7. madget macrumors newbie

I'm using Lion 10.7.1 and there is still an option in System Preferences to mount your iDisk on the desktop (and access the files even when you are not online) -- exactly as it worked in SL. I continue to use it...

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Maybe you should read some of the 713 threads about Lion.